Volunteer or Intern
Some of our best work gets done by our wonderful volunteers and interns! Volunteers help us with IT, writing, documentation, digitization, podcasting, event planning, and more! And our internship opportunities give students the opportunity to learn marketable skills while working on projects that make a difference. Want to put your talents to use learning about and promoting traditional arts and cultures in the state? Let us know what skills you have to offer, or click here to see a list of current volunteer projects and tasks. (It’s also a great way to fulfill community service requirements!)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer your time!
Your in-kind donations can also help us. Things we need right now:
- office space – help us put more funds toward programs by donating your unused work space!
- North Carolina pottery coffee mugs
- a video capture system (digitizer) for VHS tapes
- efficient color printer, preferably with scanner
- media storage-stick drives, SD cards, external hard drives, DVDs
- a new computer!
Your gift of $50, $100, $500, or $1,000 can help to safeguard the traditions of your family and community: the foods, tales, customs, and art forms that are just not quite the same anywhere else.
Make a contribution via PayPal by clicking the button below.
If you like, you can specify your gift to a particular special project:
• Sharing the archive – You can help us digitize years of folklife materials and make them available for you to browse online.
• Supporting traditional artists – You can help our state’s finest traditional performers and craftspeople earn a living from their work so these traditions will continue.
• Community training – You can help communities in North Carolina learn skills from folklife documentation and interviewing to small archive management.
Your donations are tax-deductible and will support folklife projects that benefit communities across the state. In this uncertain economic time, the Folklife Institute—and the traditional arts—count on your support more than ever. Please make your gift today.
You can also mail your tax-deductible donations to:
The North Carolina Folklife Institute
2726 Croasdaile Drive, Suite 206
Durham, NC 27705-2590